Monday, May 24, 2010

Tears in the sky

We'd been on the plane for only minutes when I noticed her tears. She had tears running down her cheek.

As we took off I fired up the iPod and drifted into isolation mode, telling myself not to think about how long the next three hours would seem. As we climbed I noticed that she was still crying. She had been silently grieving now for almost 45 min. My spirit hurt a little bit for her. I'll never know what had moved her to tears but nonetheless she was hurting.

Was she leaving home for uncertainty? Was she escaping an ugly reality? Was she missing her children and husband? I guess that by simply looking around and observing people we can never know the whole story.

I said a quiet prayer for 25A. I pray that she finds peace wherever her final destination may be

No comments: